CPI Employment Opportunities
Windows scientific & GUI developer/software engineer
The STELLA (System to Estimate Latitude and Longitude Astronomically) software is a Windows-based software application for celestial navigation at sea. STELLA was developed and is maintained by the U.S. Naval Observatory (USNO). This position will provide support to the USNO for programming, documentation, testing and certification activities for the development of an updated version of STELLA. The new version will include a modernized user interface, increased functionality and adherence to current Navy cybersecurity standards. The main focus of this position will be on the graphical user interface; however, the developer will be called upon to collaborate with astronomers maintaining and updating the computational engine. The position is expected to become available in the late January-early February 2018 time frame. The position will be located at the USNO in Washington, D.C. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume in confidence to email@example.com. In the subject line please write “Windows developer”. A cover letter is optional. CPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in physical science, mathematics, computer science or engineering is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows GUI development is required. GUI development in C# (preferred) or Java is desired.
- Knowledge of C/C++ is required. Experience with Java or C# and Microsoft .Net is desirable.
- A minimum of four years of experience in multiple parts of the software development life-cycle is required; full life-cycle experience is desirable.
- Experience working in a side-by-side government/contractor development organization is desirable.
- U.S. citizenship is required.